Cholesterol and Fat
- Cholesterol is needed by our body. But any excess cholesterol is bad,
since it increases the risk of
- Cholesterol is found only in animal products. Plant foods
(fruits, vegetables, and grains) have no cholesterol unless animal
fats are added in preparation or seasoning.
- Much controversy exists about fat, cholesterol and
- Some medical experts believe that consumption of high
levels of saturated fat and cholesterol lead to high blood cholesterol and, in
turn, to an increased risk of heart disease.
- Yet, other experts state that there
is still no proof that reducing consumption of cholesterol will effectively
reduce the incidence of heart disease.
- Other factors that have been strongly
implicated in heart disease are stress, high blood pressure, smoking, obesity,
diabetes, and a family history of heart disease.
- It is desirable to avoid/reduce Saturated Fats in our food intake.
- Saturated fat is the highest in coconut oil, and lowest in canola oil.
- Exercise regularly, at least 30 minutes each,
three times a week.
Read on the details....
- What is Cholesterol.
- How can the Cholesterol levels be controlled.
- Dietary Fats and its effects
- What we can do to lower the Cholesterol and
Saturated Fat intake.
- Fats in various Cooking Oils.
- References and Thanks